Deletion refresh issue?

Found a bug or something that needs fixing?
ajs

Re: Deletion refresh issue?

Post by ajs »

ajs wrote:
David Erceg wrote:Also, just to clear up a misconception: pressing F5 does not refresh or update the treeview in any way. It simply causes the right pane to reload. Collapsing/expanding a particular node of the tree will refresh that node however.
ajs wrote:if (folder.locked==true && folder.is_selected_in_left_pane==true)
{
folder.release_lock();
delete_folder(folder);
left_tree.refresh();
}
hi David,
I rethought this based on your comment above
if (folder.is_selected_in_left_pane==true)
{
folder.select_parent_folder_in_left_tree(); // this automatically release the lock
delete_folder(folder);
left_tree.refresh(); // may not be necessary any more since the parent folder was selected
}
Implemented. Patch submitted.
chumley

Post by chumley »

The problem with "My Documents" failing to refresh still exists in version 1.3 beta (10/5/11).

When a folder is created or deleted in the right hand pane, the treeview does get updated. When a folder is renamed in the right hand pane, the treeview does not get updated.

I'm running on Win7 32-bit.
AnotherLife

Post by AnotherLife »

I can confirm this glitch with 1.3 beta. Not a big deal of course :P

English win7 x64 with x64 version of E++.
Flasher

Post by Flasher »

I have issues with Explorer++ not refreshing after deletion, but only in Windows' libraries.
chumley

Post by chumley »

Problem still exists in version 1.3.1.
chumley

Post by chumley »

There is a general problem with refresh of the tree view when folders are created or deleted. This is happening in any folder, not just special folders and libraries.

Folder deletion example:
1) Select C drive in left tree view, expand it so you can see the subfolders
2) Select a folder in the left tree view or the right pane
3) Delete the folder
4) The folder is deleted in the right pane, but not in the left tree view
5) Collapse and re-expand the C drive in the tree view on the left. Now the deleted folder is removed from the tree.

Folder creation example:
1) Select C drive in left tree view, expand it so you can see the subfolders
2) Right-click in right pane and create a new folder
3) The new folder is then shown in the right pane, but not the tree view on the left
4) Collapse and re-expand the C drive in the tree view on the left. Now the new folder is visible in the tree.

In Windows Explorer, the tree gets updated automatically.

This was verified with E++ 1.3.1 64-bit on Win 7 Pro x64.

It would be nice if these refresh issues could be fixed, since they affect the basic operation of the file explorer.

Thanks
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

I tried both of the examples you mentioned (creating/deleting a folder under C:\) on Win 7 x64 with E++ 1.3.1, and I wasn't able to duplicate the issue. Does renaming work correctly? Are there are other folders where the tree is updated correctly? Did it work in previous versions of E++?
chumley

Post by chumley »

Strange, I can no longer reproduce any refresh problems under c:\ either. I have rebooted my machine several times since my last post, so maybe it was just a transient problem that was cleared up by a reboot. I had not seen that problem in previous versions. I'll keep an eye out for it, but for now I guess it's a non issue. Sorry for the false alarm.

The only refresh issue that I can reproduce is renaming folders underneath special folders like My Documents and My Pictures. In those locations, folders renamed in the list view are not updated in the tree view. The tree does get updated on folder create. On folder delete, the tree gets updated as long as the tree is showing the actual folder name. If the folder has been renamed in the list and the tree has not been refreshed, then the tree does not get updated if the renamed folder is deleted in the list. Hope that makes sense.

1.3.1 and 1.3.2 seem to behave the same in this regard.

Thank you David for your effort on E++, and thanks for pushing out the 1.3.x releases!