patch for menu and recycle bin hiding

Discuss development issues and submit patches here
ajs

patch for menu and recycle bin hiding

Post by ajs »

Hi David,
this patch is for the following:

1) improve the "hide RECYCLE BIN" option. Before could hide only $Recycle.bin folders (Win7), now it can hide also RECYCLER and "recycle bin" (Win XP)

2) reorganized the view menu, adding a submenu called "view by"
2.gif
2.gif (87.78 KiB) Viewed 8526 times
3) fixed the "view by" submenu in the right click popup menu
4.gif
4.gif (60.44 KiB) Viewed 8526 times

4) added the "auto arrange" entry in the toolbar "views"

Previous patch file was incorrect. Attachment updated
Patch is against commit v156 and includes all previous patches not yet committed.
Attachments
patch_04__v156.zip
(35.9 KiB) Downloaded 637 times
ajs

Re: patch for menu and recycle bin hiding

Post by ajs »

Updated patch against commit 159.
This patch includes only the changes for this function, without any another change made.
Attachments
patch_04__v159.7z
(2.7 KiB) Downloaded 625 times
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

Sorry Michael, but I disagree with changes 2 & 3, simply because the way its done now is the same as the way its done in Windows Explorer.

About the view submenu within the right click menu, I did some work on it a while back to get shell extensions incorporated, and I plan on finishing it off in the near future. There's still some things I have to sort out with it (mainly whether the menu can be properly owner drawn).

I'll commit change 1 however.
ajs

Post by ajs »

David Erceg wrote:Sorry Michael, but I disagree with changes 2 & 3, simply because the way its done now is the same as the way its done in Windows Explorer.

About the view submenu within the right click menu, I did some work on it a while back to get shell extensions incorporated, and I plan on finishing it off in the near future. There's still some things I have to sort out with it (mainly whether the menu can be properly owner drawn).

I'll commit change 1 however.
Hi David,
about point 2, even though the way it is now is the same as Windows Explorer, I think the "view options" take a lot of space in the "view" menu and it is necessary to scroll a lot to access the last items. So I thought about grouping the "view options" into a sub menu.
It is ok if you didn't commit (I keep the changes in my local development repository). Anyhow I think it would be worth to hear the comments of other people, to see which way they prefer.

About point 3, no problem. Some people complained about the "placeholder", but since you are planing to work on it, then ok ;)