[Request] Integration with Classic Shell

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
rmenessec

[Request] Integration with Classic Shell

Post by rmenessec »

http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

I don't actually use the Start Orb replacement-- but I'm finding the filecopy / replacement dialogs hard to live without. Can E++ pick up these and/or other shell extensions? (That seems easier than asking for E++ to implement its own replacements.) ;)
ajs

Re: [Request] Integration with Classic Shell

Post by ajs »

hi,
if you use the last nightly build, the dialogs from Classic shell are already being used. You need to enable them from Classic shell first of course.
Maybe it works also with v1.1 but I didn't try since I am using the last nightly (07/20) and CS 2.8.1
rmenessec

Post by rmenessec »

Hm. When I tried with the 2010-07-15 build, the common dialogs were being called instead. I'll give 2010-07-18 a shot.
ajs

Post by ajs »

Hi,
I did some more testing yesterday (after I installed CS 2.8.1) and the CS dialogs seems to be called "randomly". Some times I get the CS dialogs, some times Win7 dialogs. I will do more testing in the next few days, see if I can find any pattern on it.
rmenessec

Post by rmenessec »

ajs wrote:Hi,
I did some more testing yesterday (after I installed CS 2.8.1) and the CS dialogs seems to be called "randomly". Some times I get the CS dialogs, some times Win7 dialogs. I will do more testing in the next few days, see if I can find any pattern on it.
I've tested only briefly, and haven't had the dialogs called at all (also CS 2.8.1). If there's any information I can supply that would help, I'd be pleased to. I should probably note that I'm also using SP1 beta (now) in addition to this E++-pre, CS-pre craziness. ;)
ajs

Post by ajs »

Hi rmenessec
I can confirm that the CS dialogs are used. the problem seems to be in CS itself. sometimes I get he standard Win 7 dialogs (both in Explorer and Explorer++) and sometimes the CS dialogs (both in Explorer and Explorer++) .