List View Scroll Bug

Found a bug or something that needs fixing?
Max

List View Scroll Bug

Post by Max »

Folders with one column of files (in list view) can be scrolled endlessly with the mouse wheel.
ajs

Re: List View Scroll Bug

Post by ajs »

Hi Max,
I tried to reproduce this problem, but I am not able to do that. Can you explain how to reproduce that? Then I would be able to work on it.
shootist

Post by shootist »

Not sure what you really mean. But if I have a folder selected in the left pane, folder pane, and a list of either just files or folders and files in the right pane that takes up more room then the size of the window when I scroll down it stops at the last file in the list. The scrolling back up it stops at the first item in the list. Whether it is a file or a folder.

I do have my view setting set to Detail. Not sure if that matters.
ajs

Post by ajs »

shootist wrote:Not sure what you really mean. But if I have a folder selected in the left pane, folder pane, and a list of either just files or folders and files in the right pane that takes up more room then the size of the window when I scroll down it stops at the last file in the list. The scrolling back up it stops at the first item in the list. Whether it is a file or a folder.

I do have my view setting set to Detail. Not sure if that matters.
the same happens to me: it stops at the last file or the first file, depending on the direction of the scrolling.
I saw David added a TODO comment on commit 168 for this thread, so I guess there may be something. But I can't reproduce that.
Max

Post by Max »

ajs wrote:Hi Max,
I tried to reproduce this problem, but I am not able to do that. Can you explain how to reproduce that? Then I would be able to work on it.
Hi, sorry for the delayed reply. This is how to replicate the bug:
C40615933534.gif
C40615933534.gif (55.84 KiB) Viewed 9485 times
ajs

Post by ajs »

Max wrote:
ajs wrote:Hi Max,
Hi, sorry for the delayed reply. This is how to replicate the bug:
C40615933534.gif
Thanks,
I am now able to replicate a similar problem, but not when I am in "list view" mode but when I am in "small icon view" mode.
Do you have the same as well?
Max

Post by Max »

Hmm, no, it doesn't happen in small icons mode, only in list mode. It's the same in 1.2 stable and the nightly build.
ajs

Post by ajs »

I have a good news. by chance I was able to reproduce this problem on my computer.
It looks like it starts to happen if "list view mode" is selected when the list view is displaying only a single item (folder or files). It then happens on any navigated folder.
Instead if "list view mode" is selected when the list view is displaying multiple items, I don't see any problem at all.

Btw, I can also confirm that a similar problem happens when in "small icon mode".