Undo function not working / Cut+Paste makes E++ crash

Found a bug or something that needs fixing?
Hans2000

Undo function not working / Cut+Paste makes E++ crash

Post by Hans2000 »

The Undo function (CTRL+Z) is not working in the current v1.2 and the current nightly build:
- In the current nightly the Undo menuitem gets activated when I e.g. delete a file but it doesn't do anything.
- The current v1.2 doesn't even activate the Undo menu item.
- This is happening in both x64 and x32 builds.

Also when I cut and paste a file from one directory to an other E++ crashes - the cut/paste operation is executed though. This only happens with the nightly x64 build, the stable x64 and nightly x32 is working fine!

I am using Win7 SP1 x64.
ajs

Re: Undo function not working / Cut+Paste makes E++ crash

Post by ajs »

Hans2000 wrote:The Undo function (CTRL+Z) is not working in the current v1.2 and the current nightly build:
- In the current nightly the Undo menuitem gets activated when I e.g. delete a file but it doesn't do anything.
- The current v1.2 doesn't even activate the Undo menu item.
- This is happening in both x64 and x32 builds.

Also when I cut and paste a file from one directory to an other E++ crashes - the cut/paste operation is executed though. This only happens with the nightly x64 build, the stable x64 and nightly x32 is working fine!

I am using Win7 SP1 x64.
The cut/copy+paste crash is created by a bug recently introduced in the nightly build. I have made a patch for it and submitted to David for commitment.
http://www.explorerplusplus.com/forum/v ... ?f=7&t=793
Hans2000

Post by Hans2000 »

Greate, in the meanwhile I am using the 32bit version which is not affected by this bug.

Anyway, the missing Undo function is much more annoying :-/
galileo

Post by galileo »

@all

...just an FYI - I am using WinXP Pro SP3 (fully updated) 32-bit and Explorer++ 32-bit current nightly builds. I am seeing the crashing after a cut/copy/paste operation. All cut/copy/paste operations - regardless of the method employed - result in a crash. I have tried the various workarounds mentioned in the forum and found that they all still result in a crash....and, yes, VERY annoying... :shock:

galileo
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

Hans:
Just be aware that undo functionality only works for rename operations (both in 1.2 and the nightly). Support for other operations is planned.
Hans2000

Post by Hans2000 »

Cut-Paste works properly now in the current nightly x64 build. Thanks!

What remains is the undo function (for more than rename operations)...