Error compiling project "subwcrew.exe"

Discuss development issues and submit patches here
yokese

Error compiling project "subwcrew.exe"

Post by yokese »

Hi,

I tried to compile before with Visual Studio 2008, but the info in the web must be updated because de sln file is for Visual Studio 2010. Maybe you could update this information.

I'm trying now to compile the project with Visual Studio 2010 but I get this error:
PreBuildEvent:
"subwcrev.exe" no se reconoce como un comando interno o externo,
programa o archivo por lotes ejecutable.
C:\Archivos de programa\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(103,5): error MSB3073: El comando "subwcrev.exe "C:\explorer++_1.3.2_src\Explorer++\.." "C:\explorer++_1.3.2_src\Explorer++\Explorer++\Version.h.tmpl" "C:\explorer++_1.3.2_src\Explorer++\Explorer++\Version.h"
C:\Archivos de programa\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(103,5): error MSB3073: :VCEnd" salió con el código 9009.

ERROR al compilar.

I'm more a Java developer and I'm lost with Visual Studio. Any help will be appreciated...

Thanks in advance.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: Error compiling project "subwcrew.exe"

Post by David Erceg »

SubWCRev is one of the command line tools installed with TortoiseSVN. It's used to insert the revision number of the working copy and build date into Version.h.tmpl.
yokese

Post by yokese »

Hi, thank you for your help.

After installing tortoise I've advanced a little with the compilation....

Command "subcrew.exe" is no more missing but now I get this error.

InitializeBuildStatus:
Aplicando tarea Touch a "Debug\Explorer++.unsuccessfulbuild".
PreBuildEvent:
SubWCRev : E155007: 'C:\explorer++_1.3.2_src' is not a working copy
C:\Archivos de programa\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(103,5): error MSB3073: El comando "subwcrev.exe "C:\explorer++_1.3.2_src\Explorer++\.." "C:\explorer++_1.3.2_src\Explorer++\Explorer++\Version.h.tmpl" "C:\explorer++_1.3.2_src\Explorer++\Explorer++\Version.h"
C:\Archivos de programa\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(103,5): error MSB3073: :VCEnd" salió con el código 10.

I think 'subcrew.exe' is trying to put the src directory in a new file 'Versionn.h' from 'Version.h.tmpl', but I don't know why this fail. I'm going to finally delete references to subcrew in compilation files and try to do what is suppposed to do manually.

If you know how to solve this without making changes manually to compilation files it would be better....
yokese

Post by yokese »

Finally i've compiled it deleting any reference to 'subwcrev' from Explorer++.vcproj. Then renaming Version.h and put some values for '$WCREV$' and '$WCNOW=%d/%m/%Y %H:%M:%S$'. I guess that if I had downloaded the project from subversion I hadn't had these problems but I don't get the point about the strict dependence in svn to compile the project only to put the version and compilation date....

Anyway now it works and I can start to debug some things :D