AutoFit Column for Details View

Ask any support questions here
DaCurryman

AutoFit Column for Details View

Post by DaCurryman »

Sorry, I did a search and couldn't find an answer. I prefer the "Details" view for my files/folders. However, I don't like to have to resize the columns for each folder since some have longer filenames, file types, or dates than others. Is there an option (I couldn't find one) to have it autofit the columns, so I don't have to drag or double-click the columns to make them fit?

Thanks!
Mathrius

Re: AutoFit Column for Details View

Post by Mathrius »

Yeah, a "Always Autosize Columns" option would be nice. (It's available as a manual view-option in the Beta/Nightly Build.)
Coup

Post by Coup »

I love Explorer++, and I also use the Details view almost exclusively. Running the latest nightly there is the autosize option but it's way "too manual" as it needs to be rechecked for EVERY directory as you navigate. What we need is both a universal 'always on' autosize and also some way to manually set column widths universally within Explorer++ like MS Explorer allows (one thing MS did not cripple in the Win 7 version).

Another suggestion ? For those of us who don't use Explorer++ as a complete replacement for Explorer, there should be an alternative icon so they can be differentiated ? I've already changed the Icon in mine but some folks may not know how to easily do this... Besides Explorer++ DESERVES it's own identity...
s-free

Post by s-free »

agreed here.. autosize columns is how i came across E++ . i love it!! it addresses all my issues 'cept
could really use a toolbar button for auto resize columns ... great app tho' thx!
gbrownclerk

Post by gbrownclerk »

I take it this still hasn't been implemented?
ExpFan

Post by ExpFan »

It's even worse. Till some version of E++ it was possible to auto size the columns with Ctrl + Numpad+ keyboard shortcut. But now it causes resizing whole window contents instead. If there are no plans for real auto autosize ;), maybe there's some new key combination which I don't know about, that will invoke auto size functionality manually?
jbruns2024

Post by jbruns2024 »

or allow me to add the View > Autosize Columns as a button on the button bar OR release the source code so we can get things like this into the code.