Strange issue under WinPE

Ask any support questions here
logon

Strange issue under WinPE

Post by logon »

Hi everyone!

Just trying Explorer++ and I like it so much for many reasons.

However, running WinPE 5.0 (x86) Windows 8.1 a strange issue occurs related to "Folders" left pane that almost always it appears just blank.

Despite having tried and tried to I tried and tried to find a trigger I was unable to identify why sometimes the folder tree is there and sometimes it isn't.
I also saved the related registry entry once it was appeared and after a reboot added it before launching Explorer++, but it didn't help.

Sorry to name a "competitor", but if I run "ExplorerXP" first and then Explorer++ then one out of three times the contents of the "Folders" panel appear as expected.

Thank you in advance for any related addressing.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: Strange issue under WinPE

Post by David Erceg »

This sounds like the same issue as the one described in viewtopic.php?t=1232 and fixed in https://github.com/derceg/explorerplusp ... 87c76bb074. If it is that issue, then using the dev version should fix the problem.
logon

Re: Strange issue under WinPE

Post by logon »

David Erceg wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:15 pm If it is that issue, then using the dev version should fix the problem.
Hi David,
Thank you for your appreciated reply that did the trick: the issue here was exactly the same you pointed out and the dev version (1.5.0.2375) does work flawlessly.
However, creating the "Desktop" folder then also current version 1.4.0.2293 works again.
Great program and great support,
Thank you very much!