New Unofficial Version

Ask any support questions here
Viracocha

New Unofficial Version

Post by Viracocha »

Has there haven't been any official updates recently despite alot of fixes on the svn i thought i'd post a compiled version for peope who don't have the ability to compile it themselves.

I'll like to mention again that this is unofficial so if you are unsure of it (or don't trust me) then don't download it. But it's the version i use and is stable for me.

http://www.filedropper.com/explorer

The package contains both the 32 and 64 bit versions, this is compiled from the version currently on the svn which included a large number of fixes along with a number of other fixes by me which havn't been added yet (David has added 3 patches of mine to the svn a couple of days back and has many more waiting in his inbox) .

It includes the fixes mentioned as fixed in the bugs section along with fixes i've added...
Proper tree list sorting
Tree display optimising (can now open windows/winsxs in 3 seconds, much faster then win exporer ;) )
Overlay icons now working
Toolbar positions working properly (it was already possible to add them on the same line from the svn code but the bar widths were getting overwritten)
Zip files don't appear in the tree if you don't want them (options check box)
Tree list items are spaced appart (doesn't look so squashed)
Fixed the columns data being stored and loaded correctly.
heinerl

Re: New Unofficial Version

Post by heinerl »

Nice, but does not really work for me (Win7 x64). Replaced E++ 1.0 rel with this one, but it does start correctly only after some tries and after Win7 made some "compatibility changes" (whatever). Before these changes it unloads directly after double click.

BUT: After some playing around the folder sizes are shown in the column "date modified". File sizes are displayed normal. When I restart E++ 1.0 Rel., there are MANY columns without name, many columns named "Name". Needs some rework I think. :D Anyway thanks.

Good: The double click assignment for the middle button of my Razer Deathadder now works within your version.
Viracocha

Post by Viracocha »

I had the trouble with starting and columns as well, it's an issue i fixed but you may need to delete one of the keys in the registry.
HKCU/Software/Explorer++/DefaultColumns

There was a glitch which filled these columns with junk resulting in the columns names appearing many times and if it got too big the program wouldn't start at all. Once you've deleted those it should refill it with the default values and work fine.
heinerl

Post by heinerl »

Hm, maybe it's time for another official release. I deleted the DefaultColumns entry in the registry, started the 1.0 Rel. and after some clicking around the folder size is shown in the date-column again.

Then I deleted the whole registry-entries for E++, restarted it, but same effect. Unfortunately I did not recognize this before using your version, so I'm not sure if it's "build in".
stangbat

Post by stangbat »

Thanks, giving it a try (64 bit).

I had deleted the registry keys prior to trying this version. Upon first run, the default tab that opens wold not refresh with any file info. I'd click on the tree in the left pane and nothing would appear. Finally I opened a new tab and everything showed up. I then closed the tab with nothing in it and all seems to work fine.

I also had only three columns showing up no matter what I did or selected. I finally went back into the registry and deleted the entire HKCU/Software/Explorer++/DefaultColumns key. Upon restart I had all columns and could add others.
riow

Post by riow »

Hi there, nice to here Explorer++ is continued in development. I'm try the 32bit and found that the View toolbar button is displayed erratically shown as follows:

BTW, would you pls add your developer name and the new beta version number to the About menu? The details of bug fixes and enhancements are also welcomed if you'd like to share with us for our further understanding to the unofficial release.

Wishes: a list of opened tabs for easy switching under large mount of opened tabs

Thanks for the work! ;)
juhele

Post by juhele »

Could you reupload the file please? Because the link shows only this file:

File Details:
Filename: Explorer.txt
Size: 2.08333333333 KB, Type: txt
Date Posted: Sunday, 14th March 2010, 06:27

I downloaded it and it contains only text

Code: Select all

Hello file sharing world.
As you said, many people want to try new features but are not able to compile the program from source. I am also in this group :D

thanks
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

As it seems there are a few people that want to be able to try out the new features in the dev version, but are unable to build the program, I'll be setting up a nightly build process. It won't be anything too complicated - just a link to download a compiled version of the program (which will be built from the current svn repository). Builds will happen daily and be uploaded automatically. If for some reason the current svn repository won't build, then the previous night's download will stay up.

First nightly version should be up later tonight, followed by the official version within the next few days ;)