Explorer++ crash

Found a bug or something that needs fixing?
gtundo

Explorer++ crash

Post by gtundo »

Hello,
I'm testing explorer++, but crash, even in varius cases, whithout specific reasons (sometime when I'm doing various things, somethimes when I was inactive.

Sometimes I can use explorer++ for varust time (hours), sometimes in 30 minutes it crash 6-7 times

My system is
- Windows seven (64bit)
- Explorer++ Version 1.3.1.404 (64-bit unicode build)

I've sent to david at explorerplusplus.com some .dmp

many thanks,
giovanni
giovannibtundo AT gmail.com
gtundo

Re: Explorer++ crash

Post by gtundo »

I add an informatin that may be important, I have two disk in raid
gtundo

Post by gtundo »

Nobody can help me?
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

It's crashing because of a bug in the folder size column handler. Try disabling the display of folder sizes, and see if that helps. I can't give you much more information, since I haven't looked into it with any depth.
gtundo

Post by gtundo »

Thanks,
Giovanni
gbatson

Post by gbatson »

This patch addresses the crash described here in the last E++ release 1.3.4, and also points out one bug in the nightly build. I've built the latest nightly but it has some speed issues along with this same bug. You can fix the nightly build with it too if you want but you'll have to do it manually (it's only two lines of code to move and change)

I didn't fully analyze any side-effects this fix might have. I haven't seen any so far (except it stopped throwing exceptions) on filtered folders. I'll leave that to the experts. Use at your own risk.
Attachments
SVNunifiedDifforBrowsingHandler.zip
Diff Against 1.3.4
(832 Bytes) Downloaded 637 times
topbanana

Post by topbanana »

Ah, that's why it crashes all the time...
When might this fix be available as a binary? In a nightly, or new stable build?
TIA
overlordsire

Post by overlordsire »

I know this is an old thread, but once I'm a new enthusiast of Explorer++, all of these was brand new to me.
So, I would like to share that I start using Explorer++ on Windows 11, and faced several crashes since I enabled the option of "SHOW FOLDER SIZES" (under Options\Files and Folders). Even enabling the option "Disable folder sizes on removable and network drives" was not enough: Explorer++ insisted on crashing over and over.
But, as soon as I disabled this option of showing folder sizes, Explorer++ stopped crashing.
This is a workaround for those who wants to use Explorer++, but are still suffering with crashing problems.